Strawberry Wine Punch

Strawberry Wine Punch

Do you have weeks where you feel like your head is barely above water?  I’ve had that kind of week.  It’s nothing specific weighing me down it is just lots of little things, normal life things.
On Sunday we went up on the mountain to go trout fishing.  My oldest son had an overnight FFA camp to attend, so he didn’t go.  It is dawning on me slowly that he is about to enter his last year of high school, which leads to graduation and the reality of my child becoming an adult.
I really don’t like to think about it but this week I can’t seem to get it off my mind.  I struggle between loving that the boys are old enough to help on the ranch and wanting them to stay five years old.
I have had a bottle of Gewürztraminer wine in the fridge for a good while.  Just chilling waiting for the perfect occasion.   My sister-in-law told me about a Moscato punch she made for July 4th and I was inspired to try my own.  Today was the day.  I had some strawberry daiquiri mix in the freezer and went to mixing and tasting.
Okay, I did a little more than taste, this stuff was so good.  It was like kool-aid for grownups and I will be making this for my next get together.  A little reminiscent of Boone’s Farm but much better!  I know you are going to love it!

Strawberry Wine Punch

1 bottle Gewürztraminer (750 ml), chilled (Moscato would be wonderful too)
1 10 oz can frozen Bacardi Strawberry daiquiri mix, thawed
1/2 liter lemon-lime soda, chilled
fresh strawberries for garnish
Directions:
Mix wine and daiquiri mix together in a half gallon container, fill with soda and mix well.  Serve with ice if you wish and garnish with a fresh strawberry.

Enjoy!

0 nhận xét:

 
  • The Best Blog Recipes © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes